Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Mad at Everybody!

Jay (Will Smith) to Kay (Tommy Lee Jones) in Men in Black, "Why the big secret? People are smart, they can handle it." Kay answers, "A PERSON is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody KNEW the earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago everybody KNEW the earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you KNEW that humans were alone on this planet!"

I am mad at EVERYBODY and his sister EVERYONE! No, I'm not mad at you or anyone in particular I am just made at EVERYBODY and EVERYONE. I am mad at the concept of EVERYBODY and EVERYONE. I am mad at the idea of a nebulous group of smart people who make the rules, who say whatever they want and want whatever they say.

But I guess that is okay because I have had EVERYONE mad at me before.

I have also had EVERYBODY disagree with me.

It seemed like EVERYONE was against me at times and EVERYBODY was trying to hurt me.

I am sure that you have had EVERYONE upset over something you did too.

EVERYBODY knows everything so if you are wrong EVERYONE knows it.

EVERYBODY knows you are not good enough.

EVERYONE is out to get you.

EVERYBODY says you should do it THIS way and not THAT way.

EVERYONE is an expert at whatever.

You get the idea. I am mad at THAT everybody and everyone. Using those words is usually a copout trying to justify a weak defense. "Well, I'm right and everybody knows it!" "You ALWAYS to that, everyone tells me you do it to them too!" I hate everybody and everyone because they really don't exist. They are just a label we use for "masses" of people who SEEM to move as one unit and the way they move is usually WRONG.

So don't tell me that EVERYONE or EVERYBODY are your reasons for disagreeing with me. First, since I am part of that group it is false and, second, it's a weak defense for your opinion.

Don't use EVERYONE and EVERYBODY because they don't exist. Besides, I am mad at them.

No comments: